You Know What They Say About The Young
>> July 6, 2009
Here's what's up:
- About 24 more hours in Spokane for a while..it seems like i just got here. It seems like this 'summer' so far has been full of extremes. Just plain awful in regards to friends...absolutely incredible with my family...disappointing on the job front...yet invaluably beneficial in my walk with Christ.
- Saranac in t-minus 6 days! Everything seems to be falling into place as far as preparations are concerned, which is great! I've just been in prayer a LOT lately about the trip. I am realizing that there is NO way that I will make it through the week with my own strength and energy, so I've just been trying to get my heart in sync with Jesus' so that we can give these girls their best week ever!
- I have really felt this summer what it's like to live without community. I think that has been my biggest disappointment...home just isn't the same without that crew of girls holding each other up. It's really been getting me down lately that we didn't even say goodbye....see you at Christmas? Okay.
- I have a whole lot to look forward to in these next few months that I can hardly contain myself: Saranac with some awesome girls, living with an equally awesome crew of girls for a month or so, working in East Lansing and having time outside of school to enjoy the city and people, getting to hang out with the Eaton Rapids crew after camp, moving in with a really really great friend in the fall, growing together in our love of Christ, getting involved with Riverview and a life group, a class schedule that I am passionate about and can't wait to dive into...LIVING. LEARNING. GROWING. and LOVING. That's what's in store for this girl.
- So enough of the moping around, being sad about broken relationships...and here's to what's next, what God has in store for me now. I'm ready, I am.
"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." Nelson Mandela




0 comments:
Post a Comment