"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


I'm Not Living in the In-Between

>> November 12, 2009


So here goes the honesty:
I'm a girl. And I want a boy. Any boy will do at this point...haha, but seriously. I have successfully sworn them off for a while now, and now I'm ready to un-swear them (?).
I want to be loved. I want to be pursued. I want the butterflies, the conversations, the comfort. I want to know that I'm important to someone, to be 'special'.
These are universal in every girls' heart. Let's be honest with ourselves...we all want it. And it's not on accident. God made us this way for a reason...He made us to be in this kind of relationship.
He made us adventurous, playful, romantic, and passionate. He did this not for the benefit of 20-something guys who think they're all that...but rather he formed our hearts to be loved by Him.
He has been pursuing us our entire lives. He is writing this love story for each of us that surpasses all romance novels and chick flicks. God loves us more than is humanly possible. That fact blows my mind! When I think of the love that I want from a boy....it makes me pretty darn happy. But God's love for me!? Wowzah.
He formed me, He knows my heart, and He has placed every desire in me for good purpose. There was no mistake in any of these things. I am His, and I think that is pretty rad. In God's eyes...I am enough. I am perfect. I am lovable. So really, it shouldn't matter whether or not I have a boyfriend, because God's love should sustain me. Easier said than done, but it's a journey, right?

So here is my written reminder that 1. I am enough for God. 2. Nothing else matters.


0 comments: