>> May 27, 2010
So much has happened since the last time I posted here, but since I only get sporadic internet service in this house...I'll keep it quick!
.
.
Seattle was AMAZING. I had so much fun traveling with Sloan and Rosie, and being back in the Northwest was so incredibly refreshing! My trip was filled with visits with my favorite people ever, and I am so blessed to have been able to spend some time with them all! Needless to say, it was exactly what my heart needed.
.
Coming back to East Lansing after such an awesome trip was kind of rough. Washington is my home, and where my heart is rooted, so naturally not spending the summer there is a sad idea. I know that I made the decision myself to stay out here for the next few months, and I know that the Lord has me here on purpose, but a part of me still wants to spend more time with the people I love so much back home.
.
My housing situation for the summer is....interesting. I like to refer to it as the Female Version of Animal House. Because really, that's what it's like. I am subleasing a room in an 11(!) person house. It has already been such a learning experience as far as how to live with people unlike yourself. The Lord is really stretching me with the patience, grace, and love that I extend to my roommates it's ridiculous! Thankfully, there are enough of my normal friends living here to keep the sanity level normal.
.
My internship at the Allen Neighborhood Center (ANC) has already far exceeded my expectations! I absolutely love what I do there, and more importantly what the ANC does for the Lansing community. The staff are all so passionate about empowering the people of the Eastside, that you can't help but be inspired and encouraged. Every day I work there, my desire for social justice increases...I can't wait to see how the rest of the summer unfolds!
.
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." Romans 5:3-5
.
.


0 comments:
Post a Comment