"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


>> July 16, 2010

A little life update on this Thursday night
.
.
My week at Castaway was indescribable. But I'll try anyway. I've never been a part of God's Kingdom building like that. Seeing some of my dear friends admit their desperate need for Jesus, then commit to pursuing Him was so beautiful. God is SO SO sovereign, and I came face to face with the reality that there is nothing in this world I can do to convict people or convince them of their need for Him. As a Christ follower, I can help bring my friends to the feet of Jesus time and time again until the Holy Spirit moves in their hearts, but other than that I am to fervently seek the Lord's heart and pour out His love to the people in my life. That's all I can do...and it is so freaking beautiful!
.
I am literally counting down the days until I move out of this house. 19 to be exact. A little over two weeks until I won't have to wear  flip flops in the shower, kill spiders before I can brush my teeth, or tiptoe around the random roommates I live with. I am so looking forward to my living situation in the fall, that I am ready to move in this instant! 19 days. 19 days. 19 days...
.
I get to spend three whole weeks at HOME!! Best news ever. For various reasons, I am going back to the Lilac City for the majority of August...and I could not possibly be more excited! I can't wait to spend time with my mom and brother...and see all my wonderful friends that I have been missing so much this summer! My heart is leaping with joy at the thought of going home, because I have been SO homesick lately. I just pray that my heart is grounded in Christ, and that I can better realize that my citizenship is in heaven, not Michigan or even Washington. Trips back and forth across the country toy with my emotions so much, it is heart aching. I need to be less focused on my earthly view of home, and more focused on living for that moment when I go HOME and meet Jesus.
.
I've been thinking a lot about what I want to get out of the rest of my time here at Michigan State. To be honest, I feel as though these past two academic years have been a big 'ole waste. I mean, I learned a lot, but I wasn't trying hard. I wasn't trying much at all. Part of my heart wants to drop out of college soooo badly and just move to South America and do ministry work for the rest of my life. The more responsible, realistic part of my heart wants to be a better student, make my parents proud, and get both of my degrees finished on time. Part of me sees absolutely no value of a college education in the eyes of the Lord, but the other part of me realizes that dropping out of college is just not an option. All this to say that there is a 99% chance I will stick it out and finish....but man, that spontaneous 1% sounds so darn tempting!
.
Sloaner is coming into town tomorrow and I can't wait for a weekend full of thrifting, craft store hunting, and Soup Spooning!
.
.

.

0 comments: