"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


>> April 5, 2011


.
.
I can't stop watching this video.
She points to this hypocrisy that is burning in the Christian church.
A hypocrisy that is burning in MY faith.
See, I have been convicted so clearly lately of just how gross my sin nature is in the eyes of God.
In the past few weeks, I have become acutely aware of just how unrighteous I am.
Just how much I give in to the schemes of evil and wickedness.
Just how much I love to delight in me. 
Just how much I love this world and the things of it.
Just how much I desire glory and praise for what I do.
.
I have been drowning in this. 
I have been smacked with the reality that even though I have been washed clean of my transgressions through the cross of Christ, I live in a way that brings glory to the created and not the Creator. 
My praying words and outward facade scream solid, Christ adoring woman.
But my heart sits in self-righteousness and pride, Sara adoring.
.
"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." says Jesus in Matthew 15.
I do this, this is me.
My weekly schedule is full of places and events that I go to make Jesus known.
I say the words, I do the deeds.
But in my heart, it has just all become so routine.
.
I'm becoming a Pharisee, and my heart needs a reality check.
My mind and soul need to be transformed with the reality that today, as much as yesterday, Christ was the replacement for my disgusting sins. 
I am free from the penalty of my sin through the work of the cross.
And I am free from the power of my sin through Christ continually sanctifying me and making me holy.
.
So it is okay to not be okay.
It's just not okay to stay here.



0 comments: