>> April 10, 2010
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"
[Philippians 4:4]
.
.
The Lord COMMANDS us to rejoice in Him. Paul says it twice in the book of Philippians; Rejoice in the Lord. I'll say it agian, Rejoice!
As someone who suffers from depression, this is a command that I ignore constantly. I complain, I sleep all day, and dwell on insignificant things that deepen my depression.
Woe is me.
.
There is something seriously wrong with that. God is commanding me to be the kind of person who is known by others as joyful.
When other people think of me, the Lord wants them to think; 'Woah, Sara is happy. Things in her life might be sucky but man, she is rejoicing.'
I am totally not that person right now.
.
But God has really been teaching me that it is His will for me to do that; to rejoice in Him ALWAYS.
Not only when my life is going great, but when it seems easier to sink into my darkness and depression.
That is when I am to rejoice in the Lord even more.
.
The events that trigger my sadness are temporal. They aren't lasting. And yet I let them affect me in a lasting way.
In Philippians 4:4, Paul is telling me that I'm full of crap!
He's saying to me; 'Sara...don't let earthly problems affect you. They are temporary. But Sara, rejoice in the Lord! He is constant, never-changing, life-giving! Freaking be happy with that!'
.
My name is written in the book of life. I am going to heaven, to spend eternity living with the Lord and sitting at His right hand.
That fact alone is enough for a lifetime of praise and joy!
This week my heart has been lifted, and I have been REJOICING in the daily gifts from God.
Praise God for changing my heart and drawing me ever closer to Him.
.
.
.


0 comments:
Post a Comment