"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


>> June 26, 2010

I've been feeling pretty darn homesick these past few days.
Summers in Spokane are indescribable, and I miss so much about my hometown on the river.
.
.
.
This last weekend in June when the streets of downtown are transformed into the largest 3 on 3 basketball tournament in the world. The temperatures are always blazing, and I am normally miserable, but it is so uniquely Spokane.
.

.
Lazy days spent reading and lounging around Manito. It is kind of crazy to me how much I love this park and all the memories I have there. Summer days in Manito with a Slurpee? Nothing better.
.

.
Driving across this multiple times a day and totally taking it for granted. There is so much power in the river, it really is incredible. 
.
.
Going home just two or three times a year is just not enough. My heart is there, and words can't describe how much I adore my mid sized city in the northwest. 


0 comments: