"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


>> October 6, 2010

Do you ever have seasons of life when everything is just too good?
Not like it's too good to be true, but that everything you are connected with is good, and you don't have enough time in the day to enjoy it all?
Yup, that's what this semester is like.
SO much is going on in my little world that is good, but I can't keep up!
.
I'm living in a wonderful house with even more wonderful friends.
I have the privilege to share the gospel with high school kids in Eaton Rapids.
I actually enjoy my classes...a lot. (Shocking, I know).
I am constantly surrounded by amazing, Christ-focused friends.
.
Truly, God has been so good to me lately, and I can't help but be in awe of his holiness.
At the end of the day though, I'm exhausted.
There just aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I love well.
I get them all done, sure.
But I get frustrated that I'm not giving one hundred percent to any one aspect of my life.
So, do I continue relishing in God's goodness in the chaos of my daily happenings?
Or is there room to prune?
.
.

0 comments: