"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


>> October 4, 2010


Great is his faithfulness;

      His mercies begin afresh each morning.

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in Him."
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
to the soul who seeks Him.
.
[Lamentations 3:23-25]
.
.
.
There is such a tension in waiting on the Lord.
I'm graduating in May and have zero clue as to what my life will look like around that time.
I have these beautiful, rare moments when I think about how free I am from the worry of controlling my future.
God wants the very best for me, and of that I am confident.
In these moments, I can sit back and enjoy my days as a college student, knowing that in a few months the Lord has something wonderful planned for me...another adventure to take on.
.
Then the other ninety nine percent of the time, I am utterly terrified of the reality of the "real world" that begins on May 12th.
The questions, oh the questions start flooding my head..
.
Will I get into the study abroad in Spain?
What if I don't, what will I do?
What if I move home...start looking for a Big Kid job?
What if I live in East Lansing and keep leading YoungLife?
What if...
What if...
What if...
.
'What if' have become my code words for 'if God doesn't come through for me I will...'
I mean seriously, these plans I am making in my mind have become back up plans in case completely trusting in God's goodness doesn't work out.
That is such a sinful attitude to have, Sara...and it is time to change.
.
So here we go, I will continue to fully seek Him who has plans for me. Plans to prosper me, not to harm me. Plans to give me hope and a future. I will wait on the Lord, no matter how impatient or weary I become.

0 comments: