"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


Frick Yeah

>> April 6, 2009


What a weekend this has been..
-Friday: super bummed that I didn't get placed at leadership..sulked in my room for a bit then realized I'm pathetic and hung out with some sweet people. I like hanging out with non Christians sometimes, cause it does two things: 1. encourages me to keep living the way I do, cause I've lived the faithless life..and I know this one is way better. 2. I can show them an example of someone who doesn't drink but still has the BEST time ever. I think part of that is that I'm addicted to good times, so no matter the situation, I'm stoked about it and I'm going to rock it...loving the people I'm with, showing them a lil snippet of Jesus' love. That's sweet.

(Side note: it is currently 2:03 in the morning..long day, I can't really think in coherent sentences right now...just roll with me, stream of consciousness style)

-Saturday: pretty much was a bum most of the day...watching espn in anticipation of the game. Went out to williamston to KJ's house and watched it. SOOOO dslkfjas;lkdjfaslj freaking AWESOME!! I am so in love with this school...thank you God/T Walt/Izzo, this couldn't have come at a better time...Sparty On.....CEDAR FEST. laaaaame. Where were the riots!? All I saw was a couple hundred drunk people standing around in the street making fun of the SWAT teams. Psssh. Sloan spent the night..good Hsquared(heart to heart) like always. She's sweet. OoooOOoo aaaaaand I got an email from James saying I'm on the Eaton Rapids team now. Baaaalllinnn! I'm so stoked you have no idea.

-Sunday: church blew my mind today! Freaking study of Ecclesiastes and how Jesus came to make everything that usually sucks...not suck. Dang. Doesn't sound that sweet, cause I'm not Noel...and I can't think straight, but it was. Trust me. Watched episodes of Gossip Girl season 1 again, and texted KJ about it the entirrre day. Badass. Hung out with Selma for a few hours...not gonna lie, I was nervous to cause I was intimidated. But woah. That was so wonderful. Praise Jesus for Selma Nunes and all the work she has done in Eaton Rapids these past four years, and praise Jesus for making me perfect for it. Well not exactly perfect, but from the sounds of it....pretty flippin close. That fraggle rocks. My mind is racing thinking about everything she told me, everything I have to look forward to...freaking taking girls to SARANAC this summer! Hoolllaaa! I can't think straight...mostly due to lack of sleep...but also cause I'm so flippin amped up about this I can hardly sit still. Praise Jesus. Holy crap.

All in all an interesting few days...P.freakingS. IT IS SNOWING!? WHAT THE CRAP!! It is supposed to be spring and we're getting 6 inches of snow tonight. FML.

Booya Jesus, I love how you work..Booya Selma...Booya Sloan...Booya MSU BBALL!!! Booya.

0 comments: