97.3
>> May 23, 2009
I know it has been a WHILE since I updated this...but really, nothing much has been going on in my life. It's rather pathetic, really. I'm home...searching (begging, really) for a job along with about 439587239485 other people in Spokane...all of whom are FAR more qualified than I am for entry-level positions. I miss Michigan, but it is so wonderful to be home. Really, it is incredible.
Tonight, I was driving back from Brooke's house and I stumbled upon a Christian radio station. The first thing I heard was "If you want more information, call 1-866-JESUS-CARES." Laughter and rolling of my eyes quickly ensued, and then thought I would listen in for no other purpose than to make fun of this obviously over-religious Christian radio-evangelism. Gosh I am an idiot. Really, I am a moron. After about 3 minutes of jibber jabber about how much Jesus loves me and how my donation to some charity could save the world, someone came on and really genuinely spoke to my heart. I was in shock and just about drove my car right off High Drive into the Bluff.
I don't think I can properly articulate exactly what this pastor said...mostly because I know I would mess it up because it is currently 2 in the morning. But I realized that I put God in my own box WAY more than I realize. I feel and hear Him at Riverview, through Young Life camps and leadership, at New Community, and through my JB's. So often, I realized tonight, I am so busy searching for God in the ways I am familiar with that I don't take the time to step back, shut up and listen to what He has to say to me elsewhere. Christian radio? Nah, not for me...not my style. Pssssh! Sara, that's just ridiculous. I am ridiculous. God is so much bigger than I can ever imagine, and that FACT hits me like a ton of bricks sometimes, and re-calibrates my spiritual compass when I need it the most.
So thanks, Pastor Whatever-your-name-was...for doing the ministry you were called to do, even though punks like me don't normally appreciate it or take the time to understand it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment