"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


Pep Talk

>> February 11, 2010

Independent Study...what a gross idea. I'm in college, aren't the professors just supposed to lecture for endless hours as I hurriedly try to scramble down as many words from their slides as I can, not entirely understanding the topic at hand? Yes. I suppose that is how it is meant to be.....for lower division undergrads. Unfortunately, my time has ended as a naive newcomer to the world of academia, and I find myself as a 1st semester Senior stuck in the life of a 2nd semester Sophomore. I could graduate next semester and be out in the real world searching for a job in this awful economy. But thankfully, I plan to take my time here at MSU and soak it all in and graduate with my incoming class. I'm taking a bit of a different path, but it's my path nonetheless. I never thought that there could be a downside to being so ahead in school.....until now. I am in a graduate level Anthropology class (a subject I have never studied until this semester) and feel WAY over my head. Wait, you want me to do what!? Thesis? Project proposal? Published work? Independent Study?  But I'm just a Sophomore!

No Sara, you're not. You are technically a senior in college and need to step up and start acting like one. Stop being a baby and challenge yourself like a big kid. This task is going to be tough, sure...but what task after college won't be? With Christ, you can do all things....even analyzing professionalization of legislature in Latin America. The Lord is sovereign, so take a breath and stop being so darn dramatic!
.
.
.
.


0 comments: