"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


>> March 30, 2010

I am amazed at how many times I desperately need God to take over my life. 
I have been battling depression for a while now, and these past few weeks have been incredibly rough. 
I thought it was under control with the medicine I have been taking, but there is more to getting through depression than just a pill every night.
Lately I have been leaning on friends and worldly things to help me through this....
But it hasn't been working.
Something is wrong with my heart, and I know that no one can fix it but God.
As much as I am thankful for my friends and family, they can't compare and they won't be able to fill my heart the way the Lord does. 
I have realized this in these past few days, and can see once again how great my need for God is. 
I realize that I am not whole without Him being sovereign through everything in my life. 
I can try to compartmentalize my faith all I want, but it just won't work.
God doesn't work like that.
No lukewarm faith.
You're either in, or you're out.
.
.
I become lukewarm all the time. Living my life MY way.
Then God rescues me.
Again.
Again.
and Again.
Then I drown in my depression again and turn away yet again.
And he rescues me again.
.
.
GOD'S GRACE MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO US BECAUSE WE DON'T DESERVE IT, AND IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL gift IN THE WORLD.
.
.
.
.
"Rather than a pyramid, I want to be the center of a mobile, where everything in your life - your friends, family, occupation, thoughts, activities - is connected to me but moves with the wind, in and out and back and forth, in an incredible dance of being." The Shack.

0 comments: