El Amor Esta En El Aire..
>> March 31, 2009
Has anyone else noticed what is going on here!? There have been increased amounts of hand holding, canoodling, giggling etc...typical side effects of a twitterpated young person. I love it, it makes me happy..SO happy seeing my friends, family...complete strangers even, in this state of 'puppy love' if you will. I guess the old adage is true..it's spring time and love is in the air. I think it is great, and incredibly refreshing to see such life in people who more or less hibernated under rocks all winter.
I can't help but be happy and envious at the same time though. I mean, I kinda want that too...I love being twitterpated, the feeling where your cheeks hurt at the end of the day from smiling too much, re-reading cute smiley-face-filled text messages from him before deleting your inbox, nothing really seems to be weighing on your mind other than that special someone, going to bed with a smile on your face knowing they're thinking about you too. It is all just wonderful and super romantic.
But I already have that all.
How, you ask!? Because my God, my Creator, my Father in Heaven makes me feel like that all the time (well, most of the time at least..) When Christ is on my mind and on my heart, I feel that same weightless existence, when I go to bed smiling knowing that my God is thinking about me at the same time, all the time. Instead of smiley faced text messages or phone calls that last until the wee hours of the morning, I have the Word and prayer...my way of connecting and communicating with the One who holds my heart captive.
It's kind of a weird comparison, I realize...puppy love and Jesus' love. But really, our God loves us more than is humanly possible and is capable of instilling such wonderful love in our hearts that puppy love can't even compare.
I am confident in Christ's presence in my heart and love for me. But I still yearn for that earthly puppy love that I see in abundance this time of year. I don't think that means that I disregard God's love for me, or take it for granted at all, but rather seek someone to share that love with.
So I guess I pray that everyone I know who is in that stage of twitterpation right now have hearts grounded in God's eternal love, so that they don't get swept away by the coming and going of earthly love.
http://music.aol.com/song/player/audioplayer.jsp
check this song out..it's great :)
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

1 comments:
you are incredible.
Post a Comment