I'm just having one of those days...nothing really seems to be going right. The rainy weather definitely affected my mood today, but people in my life also really brought me down. I realized just how apathetic my generation is to the problems outside our own lives. I know there are sooo many teenagers doing good deeds out there, but the ones I am around don't really seem to care about much outside their facebook/iPhone/frat parties/materialistic bubbles. It is SO freaking frustrating! I mean there is a world hurting, dying, and falling apart out there...and so many people are oblivious about it. I like to believe in the good in people, but the reality of the apathy and ignorance in so many people today is so incredibly discouraging. It has brought me to tears multiple times today realizing that the world is SUFFERING so much but American teenagers are too wrapped up in themselves to even take a minute to understand. I am part of this problem too, I get apathetic, overwhelmed by all the problems in the world..so I don't count myself out of the people I'm talking about, but it saddens me. It makes my heart SO incredibly sad how today's culture promotes living for yourself. God what's going on? Why is there so much war, pain, suffering and dying? WHY? Innocent, God fearing people DIE everyday and it's not fair! Why are You letting this happen? Why are WE letting this happen!? I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do what I can. If we all realized that, and came together in order to do good..what a wonderful place this would be.

I realized a few key things today with the help of my good friend Brooke Ann..I am so thankful for her, and am SO glad I called her today! What a great beacon of hope that girl is...booya Brooke.
Today's Prayer Request: That my family can begin to understand my faith and that I'm not living for myself in this world, but for Christ. And that I seek to become an active part of this world, and never settle on apathy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment