"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


Oh Happy Day

>> March 22, 2009

Holy cow..Zags and MSU in the sweet sixteen, I'm one happpppy girl :) Roadtrip to Memphis anyone?


On the way to Dad's 50th birthday party, I couldn't help but think about that milestone. 50 years..half a century..more or less the half way point of our lives on earth. What do I want to accomplish for myself by then..but better yet, what do I want to accomplish for God's kingdom? I don't have the answer for that but it is something to keep in mind everyday...what will I be looking back at when I'm 50? What kind of life will I have led? What good did I do and what kind of Christ follower had I become? I want to make decisions that I will be proud of down the road, not just ones that keep me satisfied for the time being..I feel like with those kinds of decisions I will be satisfied with my life.

On another note, I had a great conversation about faith and Jesus in the most unexpected places: the smokey bar of Ember's restaurant. She's in her mid forties and a total stranger...I love how God works.

Prayer for today:
"LORD, show me what I'm missing."


p.s. Don't get your hopes up Sara..be verrrry careful :)

0 comments: