"We can exhaust ourselves by seeking significance in what we do and how we are known, hoping that we will be remembered after we are gone. Or, we can lay our lives on God's altar; squandering them in the world's eyes, but entrusting our legacy to our Maker."
[John Piper]


Hope Like Fire

>> March 24, 2009

Dang. God has been doing some great things in my life. I have just felt His presence so strongly in the past...week maybe, and I couldn't be happier about it! I've been spending more time in the Word every night and can tell the impact it is having in my daily life...I was searching for God for a while there, and wouldn't ya know I found Him...in the BIBLE of all places! Weird, I know haha..but really, I'm spending time in Paul's letters, and am amazed at how God is guiding me through the text. I love it. I love Him. I love the way my days are dramatically different when He is on my mind. Oh and I LOVE that Erin prayed the other night. I've been praying for her for forever and my heart is so happy that she made just that little step. I know Jesus has her on His mind always, and I'm stoked about that!


LOVE has been on my heart more than it ever has...which is so ballin. As Paul writes in 1 Timothy,
"The goal of this command is LOVE, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently afferm."
So great..when I have a pure heart and good conscience love instantly flows from me, I can't contain it and I don't have to try at it. Dang I love how God speaks to us, then helps us follow through on what he's saying. Booya Jesus!

In other news, I'm so ready for summertime, but am not ready to leave this place. I'm just now starting to love it here...and I don't want to leave! Also, I've been listening to some super sweet tunes on my Schuyler Fisk pandora station...I'd highly recommend it :)

Love me some Juicy Booty...and a wordle of our favorite verses..(it gets bigger if you click on it, I think)
Wordle: Juicy Booty

0 comments: