This is the first year I'm actually revved up about the NCAA tourney, maybe because MSU is a number 2 seed and could go pretty far, or the fact that I'm the ONLY person in the state of Michigan that knows enough about Gonzaga enough to cheer for them, beyond just their cinderella legacy..I entered a draft with 7 guys, where we each took turns picking eight of the sixty four teams in the tournament. Each game they win, we get a point, with upsets being double. So, in all my infinite basketball and gambling wisdom, decided to pick as many upsets as possible, hoping to show these boys what a Pac 10/WCC fan is all about.. My picks are as follows: Memphis (ouch, today was rough), Utah, American (already out..shucks) Gonzaga (of course...well, no one else wanted them either), Temple, Dayton, Michigan, and East Tennessee State rounding it out. So far, so good..
Today was fairly uneventful-I skipped two of my classes to watch the games (I hope my parents don't read this blog..oops) and enjoyed the beautiful sunny/snowy? indecisive weather that only East Lansing could pull off. Tomorrow? Celebrating half a century of my dad's life with about 60 strangers..exciting, I know.
Off to bed...hasta pronto!
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:16-17
0 comments:
Post a Comment